Monday, June 07, 2004

Thicker than Water

I watched Godfather today. Blimey, that movie is a long one, I almost got bored in certain parts! But I like that movie, it shows the strong bond between family members. When I was a teenager I hung out with my friends a lot and my mother didn't like it, she said I should have spent my time with my family instead of hanging out with friends all the time. I used to ignore this, it was later that I realized that friends may come and go, but your family sticks with you for always. When you're not loved by anybody in this world, your family would still guarantee you that you're loved by them. Being raised in a big chinese family has taught me a lot of things. The important ones are : I must have beautiful manners, because well-mannered girl is the result of good upbringing from a good family. Except for God, you should put your family above all else. Don't bring shame on your family, that's what my parents always tell me. You can do anything you want, just don't ever make your family 'the talk of the town'. And another important thing is from my favorite line in Godfather : "You don't take sides against your own family." Love your family although you can't choose yours.

No comments: