Wednesday, March 24, 2004

When the Journey Ends....

I read today's newspaper it tells about the death of Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, the founder and spiritual leader of Hamas who was killed by Israeli missiles right after he stepped out of a mosque after doing his morning prayer. One of the missile killed him in advance. Let's put aside the conflict between Israel and Palestine for a while cos it has happened for such a long time it'll take ages to know the source of conflict between two nations. What I'm going to say is that I think it was cruel and wrong to kill someone in front of a holy building, not to mention that he had just finished doing his prayer. It doesn't make any sense for me. Then again, killing never makes sense for anybody. I often wonder, some ppl are so afraid of death. I wonder what is it that make us so afraid of it? Afraid of not being able to see the world again? Afraid of losing important things in our life? Afraid of not being able to have what we had planned to have? Afraid of knowing the fact that we're going to die? Then again, when life ends with death, what's left for us? Nothing. Birth and death, they are a process that everyone will eventually have. We were born into this world without taking anything from our previous life so it is that happens when we leave this world we don't take anything either. From ashes to ashes, dust to dust. People come and go and they left their footprints in your heart. I didn't know what death was like until my grandpa died when I was 15. It was a great shock for me. I never thought that this would eventually happen to us, to have someone you love left you forever. It was like a routine, that he went to Jakarta and he'd come home soon, turning on his AC and watched tennis matches. That thought stayed for few days until it hit me suddenly, showing me the fact that he'd never come back. You might feel so sad for days but to know the fact that it happens to everyone makes you realize that in life, your journey will eventually ends someday. There is fate: if it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen; you can't do anything about it. Each life is fated to have it's own journey. That's why you have to live your life to the fullest.

No comments: