Monday, March 29, 2004

To Forgive...and Forget

I was hurt by someone I really care for, I was hurt and I was crushed. Our relationship goes up and down for all this time. Sometimes he makes me happy, sometimes he just ignores me. Sometimes I make him happy, other times I'm being cruel. I was very sad about this, I didn't want to hate him, to feel hurt because of him so I chosed to forget than to forgive. Then, tonight when I was about to sleep I read the bible and found out that today's reading is John 8:1-11 and it's my favorite. There's a story related to this reading in my Ziarah Batin book and with it comes the advice like this: "Anger, hatred, and harrasment harden our hearts. Are we willing to forgive those who hurt us for we ourselves have always been forgiven by God? Forgiveness... heals a wounded heart." Simple words with deep meaning and it touched my heart. Then I realized, that I should forgive him first, then slowly as day goes by I'd forget all the hurt that saddens me. It's not easy, to tell the truth. But we're all human, we make mistakes, we learn from our mistakes, but one should never forget that love that we have to other people is the willingness to forgive for every hurtful thing they've done to us. I've been hurt, but now I can say that I'm willing to forgive him and one day I'd forget all the things that caused me pain. May God bless us for all the hurt we feel and for all the willingness to forgive.

No comments: