Saturday, August 28, 2004

It's a Singing Contest!!!

So the final of Indonesian Idol is tonight, the day (almost) everyone has been hoping for to see the (true) winner. There's a lot of controversy on the first Idol ever held in here. Mostly is about one of the finalists, Delon. With his cute face and mediocre voice he has become an idol. Lots of people hate him, lots of people like him. But, everybody, listen up, THIS IS A SINGING CONTEST!!! Everybody shouldn't be subjective in this. You should choose your idol according to her/his voice, not her/his face. Talent should never outrank face. But sadly, people in here always choose the winner subjectively. Look at Veri, he was chosen as the winner of Akademi Fantasi Indosiar just because he comes from a poor family. And I'm afraid it will happen again to the Idol contest. I don't fancy Delon and Joy so I won't send any sms or dial the premium call number. I fancy Helena, but she didn't make it to the grand final. Joy has the talent, Delon has the face and I can see that everybody puts lots of pressure on him because of that. I read my friendster bulletin and found out that they hate him because they think he can't sing and that he gets to the grand final with the help of his good-looking face. One guy even wrote : 'He doesn't have a beautiful voice and only chicks vote for him, how could they fall for his chinese face? and this guy wrote again in bracket: (I'm being racist, but who cares?). And I read another stupid comment : If Delon gets to be the winner, Indonesia will be in a riot. Tsk tsk tsk, how exaggerating. What a drama.
Never mind with his face! This is a singing contest, one should not hate/like him because he's cute. It's not his fault if he's born chinese and cute. I don't know who's going to be the winner and I can't predict who but I do hope that people don't choose their own winner subjectively, besides it's a singing contest. You should choose objectively based on the finalists' talent, not for her/his looks. Let the best one win. I hope everybody learn this.

No comments: